Just as colourful as you - your prospects at the Vienna Insurance Group
The dedication, expertise and service-driven mentality of our employees set us apart from others. The diversity of our people plays a major part in our success. We are committed to promote diversity in the work environment and we are a proud employer who offers fair opportunities for everyone.
Become part of our colourful team!
Key facts about VIG:
VIG is the leading insurance group both in Austria and in the entire Central and Eastern European (CEE) region. Around 50 insurance companies in 30 countries form a Group with a long-standing tradition, strong brands and close customer relations. The more than 25,000 employees in the VIG take care of the day-to-day needs of more than 22 million customers. VIG shares have been listed on the Vienna Stock Exchange since 1994. The VIG Group has an A+ rating with stable outlook by the internationally recognised rating agency Standard & Poor's. VIG cooperates closely with the Erste Group, the largest retail bank in Central and Eastern Europe.
>> Recruiting contacts of our group companies
Please apply via our job portal, feel free to use your mobile device for an easy process!
Data Protection Coordinator / Officer (all genders)
We are the leading insurance company in Austria and Central and Eastern Europe. Our Group employs more than 25,000 people whose dedication, expertise and service-driven mentality set us apart from others. The diversity of our people plays a major part in our success. We are committed to promote diversity in the work environment and we are a proud employer who offers fair opportunities for everyone. Become part of our colourful team!
- Performing the duties of the VIG Holding data protection officer in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Coordinating data-protection-related matters at VIG Group level
- Enhancing and monitoring data protection standards and processes to ensure that VIG Holding and the VIG Group comply with data protection requirements
- Advising the Managing Board, employees and the Group companies on data protection matters and working on projects
- Responding to enquiries from data subjects and dealing with data breaches
- Communicating with the Data Protection Authority
- We are committed to being an attractive employer and offer an extensive package of benefits, opportunities and various development options
- Great flexibility (home office, flextime arrangements and an extensive range of IT equipment)
- We stand for reliability, based on our values, tradition and stability
- We offer a pleasant working environment with a strong emphasis on teamwork
- Your workplace at Vienna Insurance Group will be in the heart of Vienna and the centre of CEE
- Learn more about the department
- Together with our teams in 30 countries you get to experience the diversity of VIG
- According to the regulations of the Equal Treatment Act, we state the minimum wage based on the Collective Agreement, which is in a range of € 3 185,06 gross per month. Of course, a higher salary is commensurate with the professional experience and qualification of the chosen candidate. The remuneration package is market-compliant.
- This full-time position is to be filled immediately
- Degree in law or business law
- Detailed knowledge of European and Austrian data protection law, in particular the GDPR
- Extensive experience of working at a law firm, or in a compliance or legal department, ideally as a data protection expert or data protection officer
- Experience of using IT and in-depth understanding of corporate IT processes and procedures
- Highly articulate, with excellent communication skills in German and English; knowledge of one Eastern European language an advantage
- Precise, analytical approach, able to work independently and take responsibility
- Flexible and able to work in a team
What our employees have to say about VIG:
Have a look behind the curtain of our Group Finance & Accounting department.
Our teams in Actuarial Services introduce themselves.
In a groupwide video challenge, our employees portrait their view on diversity. We are proud of all videos submitted!
Verena Sochor met VIG during the High Potential Day (profil) and talks about her internship in VIG.
(c) Video: Verlagsgruppe News