Just as colourful as you - your prospects at the Vienna Insurance Group
The dedication, expertise and service-driven mentality of our employees set us apart from others. The diversity of our people plays a major part in our success. We are committed to promote diversity in the work environment and we are a proud employer who offers fair opportunities for everyone.
Become part of our colourful team!
Key facts about VIG:
VIG is the leading insurance group both in Austria and in the entire Central and Eastern European (CEE) region. Around 50 insurance companies in 30 countries form a Group with a long-standing tradition, strong brands and close customer relations. The more than 25,000 employees in the VIG take care of the day-to-day needs of more than 22 million customers. VIG shares have been listed on the Vienna Stock Exchange since 1994. The VIG Group has an A+ rating with stable outlook by the internationally recognised rating agency Standard & Poor's. VIG cooperates closely with the Erste Group, the largest retail bank in Central and Eastern Europe.
>> Recruiting contacts of our group companies
Please apply via our job portal, feel free to use your mobile device for an easy process!
Senior Data Architect (all genders)
We are the leading insurance company in Austria and Central and Eastern Europe. Our Group employs more than 25,000 people whose dedication, expertise and service-driven mentality set us apart from others. The diversity of our people plays a major part in our success. We are committed to promote diversity in the work environment and we are a proud employer who offers fair opportunities for everyone. Become part of our colourful team in our subsidiary, VIG IT Digital Solutions GmbH.
- Addressing data management matters within the Architecture and Innovation Team and developing data requirements towards target enterprise landscape in a multi-functional international environment with stakeholders from Business and IT
- Engaging with Business and IT to ensure that data and data quality requirements are defined, documented, and translated into effective and consistent data management processes
- Facilitation of complex issue resolution in the data architecture domain
- Close cooperation with Data Scientists in data hubs within the VIG Group by defining data models
- Mentoring, training and consulting of community peers in the data architecture area, introducing and leading the VIG Data Architects Community across the VIG Group
- Accountability for developing and maintaining the policies and procedures for the implementation of data governance
- We are committed to being an attractive employer and offer an extensive package of benefits, opportunities and various development options
- Great flexibility (home office, flextime arrangements and an extensive range of IT equipment)
- We stand for reliability, based on our values, tradition and stability
- We offer a pleasant working environment with a strong emphasis on teamwork
- Your workplace at Vienna Insurance Group will be in the heart of Vienna and the centre of CEE
- Together with our teams in 30 countries you get to experience the diversity of VIG
- The salary for this position is at least € 55,000. You have a lot of experience and know-how? Then we are obviously prepared to honor this with an overpayment.
- This full-time position is to be filled immediately
- Master’s degree/ certifications in computer science, or related professional training
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience as Data Architect, preferably in the insurance industry or a consulting firm
- Broad know-how in Data Information Architecture Management, ideally certifications in Big Data, Azure Data Engineering, Knowledge Management (e.g. ICKM, TOGAF) and modeling notations (e.g. UML, BPMN, SysML)
- Excellent knowledge of German and English, proficiency in a CEE language is an advantage
- Structured, team-based approach to work, with a great willingness to drive change
- Willingness to travel (20%) within the CEE region
What our employees have to say about VIG:
Have a look behind the curtain of our Group Finance & Accounting department.
Our teams in Actuarial Services introduce themselves.
In a groupwide video challenge, our employees portrait their view on diversity. We are proud of all videos submitted!
Verena Sochor met VIG during the High Potential Day (profil) and talks about her internship in VIG.
(c) Video: Verlagsgruppe News