Just as colourful as you - your prospects at the Vienna Insurance Group
We are the leading insurance company in Austria and Central and Eastern Europe. Our Group employs more than 25,000 people whose dedication, expertise and service-driven mentality set us apart from others. The diversity of our people plays a major part in our success. We are committed to promote diversity in the work environment and we are a proud employer who offers fair opportunities for everyone.
Become part of our colourful team!
Please apply via our job portal, feel free to use your mobile device for an easy process!
Corporate IT - IT Security Advisor (all genders)
We are the leading insurance company in Austria and Central and Eastern Europe. Our Group employs more than 25,000 people whose dedication, expertise and service-driven mentality set us apart from others. The diversity of our people plays a major part in our success. We are committed to promote diversity in the work environment and we are a proud employer who offers fair opportunities for everyone. Become part of our colourful team!
- Group-wide coordination and performance of local IT security evaluations in CEE to ensure compliance with the Group’s IT security policies
- Preparing informative evaluation reports and introducing performance indicators to assess compliance status
- IT security consulting, and drawing up plans for the implementation and tracking of measures for the insurance companies
- Identifying and analysing security risks and developing improvements and countermeasures; cooperating with IT Risk Management
- Active use and enhancement of the Group-wide GRC tool, with a focus on the ISMS process
- Drawing up proposals for modification of the Group-wide IT security policies
- We are committed to being an attractive employer and offer an extensive package of benefits, opportunities and various development options
- Great flexibility (home office, flextime arrangements and an extensive range of IT equipment)
- We stand for reliability, based on our values, tradition and stability
- We offer a pleasant working environment with a strong emphasis on teamwork
- Your workplace at Vienna Insurance Group will be in the heart of Vienna and the centre of CEE
- Learn more about the department
- Together with our teams in 30 countries you get to experience the diversity of VIG
- According to the regulations of the Equal Treatment Act, we state the minimum wage based on the Collective Agreement, which is in a range of € 36 795,78 gross annually. Of course, a higher salary is commensurate with the professional experience and qualification of the chosen candidate. The remuneration package is market-compliant.
- This full-time position is to be filled immediately
- Degree in computer science, business computing or information security, or related professional training, as well as several years of professional experience in IT security
- Solid overview of IT software, IT infrastructure, network and end user security, and solutions designed to protect against threats (knowledge of programming, network protocols, Linux and Microsoft servers, and Active Directory)
- Knowledge of potential cyberattack vectors such as XSS, injection, hijacking, social engineering, patch management, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention, etc.
- Ability to use logic and arguments to identify strengths and weaknesses of IT systems, and detect vulnerabilities in IT infrastructure
- Knowledge of information security management systems; related certification (e.g. ISMS Manager and ISMS Auditor certification in accordance with ISO 27001, CISA, CISM) an advantage
- Structured, team-based approach to work, with a high degree of personal initiative and flexibility, as well as a hands-on mentality
- Excellent communication skills in German and English, proficiency in a CEE language an advantage
- Willingness to travel in the CEE region (approx. 40%)
What our employees have to say about VIG:
Have a look behind the curtain of our Group Finance & Accounting department.
Our teams in Actuarial Services introduce themselves.
In a groupwide video challenge, our employees portrait their view on diversity. We are proud of all videos submitted!
Verena Sochor met VIG during the High Potential Day (profil) and talks about her internship in VIG.
(c) Video: Verlagsgruppe News